Flooding is the #1 weather disaster estimating in billions of dollars worth of damage each year. Floods wreak havoc not only the environment but can also have a major effects on your property as well. Even after flood waters have receded the long term effects of flooding and water damage take their toll.
Water damage can lead to structural problems with your home as well as unseen dangers such as mold. Mold is hazardous to your property and health. It can damage property and cause serious respiratory problems.
That’s why it’s pertinent to call Miami Restoration Pros
- We arrive within 2 hours
- We are certified in Mold removal
- We can minimize property damage
Fire’s can leave behind lots of damage, and often times what is salvageable is filled with soot or smokey residues. There are different kinds of residues left behind. Our professionals know how to handle each one!
- Wet Smoke Residue: these residues are often sticky or smeary with very strong odors. These are a result of smoldering fires with low heat
- Dry Smoke Residue: these resideues tend to be dry and powdery with nonsmeary smoke particles. Dry Smoke Residue is the result of a fast burning fire with a high temperature.
- Protein Residue: these residues are primarily unseen but are extremely pungent. These residues tend to discolor paints and varnishes.
- Fuel Oil Soot: when the furnace puffs backs distribute fuel oil soot
- Other Types of Residue: various other resudes include Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue. These also need to be cleaned.
Mold is a serious issue, it can damage property but is also detrimental to your health. These health concerns are especially common in infants and eldery. Symptoms of mold and toxic mold are caused due to prolonged exposure to an abundance of mold spores in an enclosed environment. These symptoms include fatigue, headaches, dizziness, respiratory malfunction, and general flu-like symptoms.
Mold can be detected by professionals who can record the extent of contaminiation and teh mostire saturation levels to determine whether health hazards exist. Lab test can also be run whenever called for.
It is vital to keep the Mold contaminant at the source, this is achieved by isolating mold contamination and preventing spores from becoming airborne. Once the contaminated soruce is isolated threat is reduced as it cannot spread to clean areas.